Package finally received! She loved it (I hope).
Terry is a big time traveler and I’ve been lucky enough to have been invited to some of the places she visited. We try to do at least one trip every year. So for her birthday, I made her a mini scrapbook of our past travels.
- Atlantic City, NJ: Fourth of July 2008 – This trip got the ball rolling for us. We spent the Fourth in Atlantic City where the Beach Boys and John Stamos performed on the beach and where we found the most delicious buffalo wings in the world! (I wonder if that place is still the best even after all these years)
- Montreal, Canada: Memorial Day Weekend 2009 – We spent that weekend hiking and watching HIMYM. My cousin and his wife lives there and they were kind enough to let us crash (and drive us around and cook for us). They were the perfect hosts. I just realized that, so far, it’s always me flying over to the east coast. Since Terry Jess and Nas lives in NYC, it’s closer for them. I’m stuck traveling across country alone. If only the west coast had more to offer.
- Dublin, Ireland: NYE 2010 – We went all out that NYE, we rang in the new year in Dublin, Ireland. We toured the Guinness factory, the countryside and a castle. The weather was really cold and gloomy, it even snowed on New Year’s Eve.
- New Orleans, LA: Memorial Day Weekend 2010 – This was a blast, we checked out jazz bars and ate po’ boys everyday. Burbon Street is like nothing else, one big street party. This is where my love for dueling piano bars started.
- Taipei, Taiwan: Spring 2011 – I left mid 2010 to go study abroad in Taiwan for a year, but that didn’t stop Terry from coming for a visit Spring 2011 (granted she was there to visit her family).
- San Francisco, CA: Fall 2011 – Our latest trip was in San Francisco, finally something on the west coast. The highlight was biking the Golden Gate Bridge.
2012 is looking to be a busy travel year as well. The girls are flying out here for Coachella weekend. We also plan on heading to Italy and France in the beginning of summer. Terry’s friend is getting married in Florence and I’m her plus one! Can’t wait! I will continue to add pages to the mini scrapbook, as long as there are places to go, this book will never end.